UK MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
KENTUCKY AT TEXAS A&M
REED ARENA | COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS
FEB. 10, 2018ATTENDANCE: 13,263
Final Score: #24/24 Kentucky 74, Texas A&M 85
Team Records and Series Notes
· Kentucky is 17-8 overall and 6-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M is 17-8, 6-6 in league play.
· Kentucky leads the series 9-4, including 3-2 in College Station.
· Next for the Wildcats: Kentucky plays Wednesday at Auburn. Game time is 9 p.m. EST (8 p.m. CST in Auburn) and it will be televised by ESPN2.
In the First Half
· Kentucky’s starting lineup featured Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Hamidou Diallo, PJ Washington, Kevin Knoxand Nick Richards for the 11th time this season. UK is 6-5 with this lineup.
· Kentucky extended its streak of 1,038 consecutive games with a 3-pointer when Knox connected with 17:33 on the clock in the opening half.
· Gilgeous-Alexander scored the opening basket for Kentucky 1:27 into the game.
· Kentucky missed its last nine field goals and was scoreless from 16:29-11:18. During this 5:11 stretch, TAMU went on a 7-0 run to lead 12-8.
· UK dropped to a zone and held TAMU without a point for from 10:36-7:50. TAMU answered with a 6-0 run.
· Brad Calipari checked in with 6:36 left. It was his first action since Jan. 16 at South Carolina.
· Knox scored in double figures for the eighth time in an opening half this season.
· Kentucky ended the first half on an 8-0 run to lead 30-26 which is the first time UK has lead at halftime since Jan. 23 vs. Mississippi State.
· Kentucky is now 11-3 when leading at the half.
In the Second Half
· Texas A&M opened the second half on a 17-2 run forcing Kentucky to call a timeout at 16:16.
· UK held Texas A&M to 26 points in the first half, but the Aggies matched that by the 12:48 mark of the second half.
· TAMU shot 66.7 percent in the second half and was 7 of 9 on 3-pointers.
· Kentucky went on an 8-0 run from 3:49-0:56 to cut the deficit to eight, but would get no closer.
· Gilgeous-Alexander and Diallo scored 13 points in the second half.
· UK is now 3-3 this season in games decided by three points or less.
· UK is 42-11 in “bounce back” games (following losses) under John Calipari.
· This is the first time that Kentucky has lost three games in a row under Calipari.
· Kentucky allowed 40 rebounds, which tied the most allowed this season. Last time was on Jan. 16 at South Carolina.
· UK allowed 59 points in the second half, which is the most this season.
· Shai Gilgeous-Alexander totaled 19 points, three rebounds and eight assists.
· Alexander has averaged 19.75 points over the last four games.
· It is the 10th time this season he has had at least six assists, including the fifth time in the last seven games.
· Kevin Knox had 18 points, his 19th double-figure game of the season.
· PJ Washington had five points and led the Wildcats in rebounding with eight.
· Hamidou Diallo scored 13 points which all came in the second half. It was his 14th double-figure game of the season.
Coach John Calipari
· Calipari has a 711-201 all-time on-court record.
· Calipari is now 266-61 at Kentucky.
· Calipari is 8-3 vs. Texas A&M in his career.