With increased security measures that will go into effect starting Dec. 9 for the Eastern Kentucky game, UK Athletics and Rupp Arena are encouraging fans to arrive early to future Kentucky men’s basketball games.
To ensure fan safety, UK and Rupp Arena have announced game-day operation changes that will go into effect immediately and last through the remainder of the 2015-16 season.
Upon arrival to Rupp Arena, fans are requested to remove any outerwear (coats, sweaters, etc.) that can be easily taken off. Upon entry, fans will be subject to intensive visual inspection and enhanced bag checks. Guests with heavy, bulky and/or baggy clothing may be subject to additional security screening to include hand-held metal detectors. This will apply at all general public, student and premium entrances.
Doors will continue to open at Rupp Arena 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
In addition, Rupp Arena security will not permit the following items inside the area:
· All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
· Artificial noisemakers and irritants
· Beach balls
· Cameras with detachable lenses
· Glass and aluminum containers
· Helium balloons
· Laser pointers/pens
· Outside food and beverages
· Selfie sticks
· Signs larger than 24 inches by 24 inches
· Video or audio recorders
Bags entering Rupp Arena are restricted to 16 inches by 16 inches. All bags and jackets are subject to inspection at all Rupp Arena entrances.
The following items are welcome inside Rupp Arena:
· Bags – one per person, not to exceed 16 inches by 16 inches; all bags are subject to inspection
· Camera lenses – maximum length six inches; no detachable lenses
· Service animals – as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
· Personal chairbacks – maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts
· Strollers – small collapsible style