As you know, this past weekend was Kentucky's Big Blue Madness which is always a huge recruiting weekend for John Calipari. This year was no different as there were many top rated high school players in attendance to take in the festivities.
One of those players was the number ten ranked player in the class of 2015, Stephen Zimmerman. I was able to get in contact with Stephen's mother Mrs. Lori Zimmerman via email and ask a few questions concerning her son's recruitment.
1. What is Stephen looking for in a school?
He's looking for the best fit and who can develop him best for the next level.
2. Will distance from home be a factor?
No, distance isn't a concern.
3. If your family had to name a leader right now, who would it be? If there is a leader at all.
There's no clear leader at this time.
4. I have read that Stephen plans to announce in February, is that still the case?
Yes, he will not announce until after his season is over.
5. What schools is Stephen considering at this time?
Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Arizona, UNC, UNLV, Indiana.
6. How have you and your family enjoyed the recruiting process up to this point?
It's been a long, exciting journey.
7. Has anything stood out to you or your family about a particular school or coach during the recruiting process?
Everyone is unique and offers different ways to get players to where they want to be.
8. Does Stephen see himself as a "one-and-done" type player?
Stephen would like to progress to the NBA whenever the best time for him to do that is.
9. What other visits does Stephen have left?
UCLA this weekend, Arizona 11/7 and his last is TBD.
10. What was your and Stephen's impression of Big Blue Madness and his visit overall?
It was a great visit. We enjoyed everything especially the Strength and Conditioning program information we got.
Madness was like a huge Hollywood production lol. It was awesome to experience. When the recruits walked out to take their seats the standing ovation was the loudest thing I've ever heard!