Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kentucky Basketball Starts Tomorrow At 1PM On ESPNU (Kind Of)



Tomorrow at 1pm on ESPNU, Kentucky fans will get their first look at this years team as they play some exhibition games at Atlantis in The Bahamas and I for one couldn't be anymore excited. Usually, August is one of the most boring summer months as there's no holidays and it gets hotter than the hubs of hell, so the fact that Kentucky is playing on TV at 1pm is a GOD send.

If you have paid any attention whatsoever the last couple of weeks, those who have watched this team practice has done nothing but rave about how good they are or going to be. Now, I know what you're thinking, "we heard the same thing last year" and you're right, but this season is different even though last season ended with a runner-up finish.  

Kentucky actually has some returning talent in the Harrison Twins, Cauley-Stein, Marcus Lee, Dakari Jonson and Alex Poythress. Then you add in the fact that they will be adding some of the best freshmen in the country (as usual) and things begin to look a little more exciting to say the least. Now, I'm not saying that they will go 40-0 (for the record, I was never on that bandwagon and that it was absurd) like some said last season, but I will say that I believe that they will be more than fun to watch. 

Tomorrow will be our fist chance to see what this team is made of (I wouldn't expect much as this will be a teaching opportunity for Calipari and his staff and more than a couple of losses wouldn't be shocking to be honest) and I can't wait. I mean, come on, It's like Christmas in August and who can't get on board with that.

**********NOTE**********
Armstrong Cable IS going to carry the SEC Network which will carry the last three games of the Bahamas Tour and they are expected to have it available by the launch date of 8-14-14, I do NOT however have any information on things like price and when you can call to order the network. But, the president of marketing for Armstrong told me that when the details get ironed out, he would send me the information to pass along to our readers. So when I know something, I will pass it along to our readers soon as.

No comments:

Post a Comment