Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The recruitment of Andrew WIggins... NO ONE knows


March is all about March Madness for college basketball fans, it's the time of year they live for, but there is something that fans will be paying a little more attention to besides the tournament, RECRUITING.

With some of the top prospects still yet to make their college decisions, there's a lot on the line for a few schools. The one I want to talk about is the recruitment of Huntington Prep's Andrew Wiggins. I'm not claiming to be a "recruiting guru", but I do know a little bit of what's going on with Andrew. I have seen so many national sports writers saying he will go here, or he will go there, but I'm here to tell you that NO ONE knows what Andrew is going to do and I think that even includes Andrew himself.

I've been to several of Andrew's games and I've watched him practice on several occasions and one thing I can tell you about this kid is he DOES NOT get into all the spotlight that comes along with being the nations best high school player. He's not one to drag out his recruitment so he can get a little extra attention from all that is involved like some players have done in the past. When Andrew makes a decision he will let it be known. Now that's not to say he won't have his signing on ESPNU, because lets face it, he IS the best player in America and that's what ESPN wants for their show. But trust me when I tell you, he would be much more happy just having family, friends, coaches and teammates present when he makes his college decision.

Do I know where Wiggins will end up next season, no, I'm not even going to give a guess because that's all that is out there right now, GUESSES. Truth be told, I'd say Wiggins himself isn't even sure where he's going to attend college in the fall, it could be Florida State, UNC, Kansas or Kentucky. The fact of the matter is, it's a decision between him and his parents and that's the way it will stay until the end. Even when a decision is made, you more than likely won't have a good idea what it is until you see which hat he selects off the table.

I asked Huntington Prep (Andrew Wiggins' coach) coach Rob Fulford about this earlier today and he had this to say...

"Nobody has any inside info whatsoever. He has one more visit to make before he can compare everyone. There are too many people trying to play expert when they can't possibly know what Andrew is thinking... He doesn't talk to anyone about it."

Fans need to relax, let the recruitment's of these kids play out and see who goes where. Because reading every ones "inside info" will lead you to the wrong assumption because trust me, when it comes to the recruitment of Andrew Wiggins, no one has inside info.

No comments:

Post a Comment