Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Player Blue/White Post Game Transcript



#1, James Young, G/F

On favorite part of tonight… 
“I just had fun running up and down the court. It was fun to play a full game with everyone.”

On what he learned about himself… 
“That 40 minutes is really long. I did not think it was that long. In the second half I got winded a little bit. They told me to pick it up, so I did.”

On the crowd… 
“There weren’t as many as there were at madness, but I really did not pay too much attention to the crowd. I just focused on the practice, and tried to go hard.”

#2, Aaron Harrison, G 

On playing in Rupp Arena…
“It’s pretty fun to play in front of a big crowd like that. We all went out there and played hard. We enjoyed it.”

On the team’s chemistry… 
“It’s just saying that we’re coming together as a family. When you are around guys so much, you get to know how they play. We just want to win so we feed each other on our strong suits and we’re starting to mesh.”

On his teammates… 
“It’s amazing to be a part of so much talent and such a great group of guys. It is amazing. No one really understands how competitive practices are and how good everyone is. I’m really blessed to be apart of a great group like this.”

#15, Willie Cauley-Stein, F 

On the new foul and hand check regulations implemented by the NCAA this year … 
“It’s a big part in the game because growing up, you are used to being fouled all of the time. You are used to someone having a hand on you all of the time. Now, in practice, this is too easy. We are trying to work on not fouling and putting your hands up. With the people we have, it’s just bucket after bucket after bucket. But, to see it in a live setting, I get it now. It makes more sense”

On how much Coach Calipari has been stressing the new rules in practice … 
“A lot. If we don’t have our hands up, we run for it. It’s a pretty big statement he is trying to make.”

On the first dunk he had … 
“That’s just part of my game. It felt normal.”

On the starting Blue team lineup … 
“It doesn’t matter what group you put out there, as long as you are playing with a lot of energy and you are giving everything you’ve got. It doesn’t matter who we put out there. Everybody can play. The same thing would happen if we changed lineups in the first half. Everybody is jacked and juiced and ready to play.”

#30, Julius Randle, F

On the evolution of his game and the work he put in this summer… 
“Our coaches do a great job of developing our skills, making sure that we do not have any weaknesses. Biggest thing is we are playing fast and up-tempo but coaches are not letting us make any mistakes and we are learning from it.”

On the length of this team and finishing around the rim…
“We can do it versus anybody in the country. We have seven-footers, athletic guys; our guards are 6’5” and 6’7”. If we can do it versus them, then we can do it against anybody.”

On being dunked on by EJ Floreal…
“I don’t really know. I was on the weak side. At first I wasn’t about to jump, I was just going to let him go.  Then I thought what the heck, I’m just going to jump. He got me. I will admit that he got me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment