Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lacey to stay home

Well, so much for my "Alabama is a longshot to land him" theory as Trevor Lacey chose to stay home and suit up for Alabama. I really didn't think he would end up at Bama, with the likes of Kentucky and Kansas knocking at his door. But, this just goes to show you that when it comes to recruiting, one can never tell what will happen.


But hats off to Anthony Grant and his staff for getting Lacey to sign with the Tide. I have always said that Grant is one of the best up and coming coaches in the country, and this shows that he can recruit as well. I'm just glad to see a talent like Trevor Lacey play in the SEC, because over all the talent level in the SEC has been down for quite sometime compared to the other top conferences. I hope this is a sign of things changing for the SEC in regards of talent and coaching as Anthony Grant seems to be getting in done for the Tide.


So Congrats to Trevor Lacey and his family as I am sure it was a difficult decision to make, and I look forward to seeing him play next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment