Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kentucky Player QUOTES After Big Win Over Florida



#25, Dominique Hawkins, Senior, G:

On how the game plan changed without De’Aaron Fox …
“Everybody knows once you get on the court you have to give it your all.”

On the difference between the first and second half …
“I felt like everybody picked it up a notch. Everybody was communicating on defense. Malik and Bam wanted the ball to score. They went all for it. So it gave us, made us relax, the guys that didn’t need to score as much.” 

On the difference between the game at Gainesville vs. Rupp …
“I feel like that we knew we needed to fight. I feel like we didn’t fight as much in Gainesville as in Lexington. So we definitely talked to each other in the huddles and said we need to get stops and communicate on defense and just continue to fight.” 

On the difference in rebounding … 
“Pretty much boxing out because they run at least three guys to the rim and if we would have just kept them boxed out we were able to get rebounds.” 

On the motivation early in the game when Kentucky was down …
“We were just saying don’t let this happen again because it looked like it was about to be a rerun of what they did to us at their place. We just said that we’ll be able to get stuff going. Just be patient and everything will fall together.” 







#3, Bam Adebayo, Freshman, F:

On another impressive double-double …
“My confidence just keeps building. My teammates believe in me and I believe in them. We keep winning, so you know, I’m having fun.”

On being in better shape …
“I think I lost like 10 pounds. I think that has a big factor to it. Just keeping my body right and I’ve starting eating healthier. And, I’m watching my diet.”

On making a comeback after the second half …
“Just having fight and just having that heart. You know, keep playing and keep fighting. We fought back into it, and we came out with a W.”

On his boost in confidence …
“When you lead the whole way, some people start getting relaxed, but just fighting back, and we get up, it keeps building our confidence, it keeps pushing the lead.”

On a win like today …
“It builds our confidence; it builds Coach Cal’s confidence. We are going to the tournament, you know, looking forward.”

On missing Fox …
“We were missing a player, but it helps us build our confidence. When he gets back, he needs to have his confidence built, and we are going to the next game with a lot of confidence.”







#5, Malik Monk, G:

On if he felt “hotter” today or during the UNC/ first Georgia game…
“I think I was hotter North Carolina than I was today. I had a great first half but I think I was pretty hot today though.”   

On having 30 in the first half…
“I didn’t know that until after the game. I was just playing, but it was crazy. ”

On what was different in the second half…
“I was way more patient in the second half than I was in the first half. I was, like I said, getting to the lane.”

On if he has ever had a game where Coach Calipari was as mad at him in the first half as he was happy with him at the end of the game…
“It ain’t no telling with him. He’s all over the place.”

On what Coach Calipari thought of his defense early in the game…
“No, he didn’t say anything. I think I was contesting all of his shots; he was just making tough shots.”

On playing without Fox tonight…
“I think we did that Georgia game, too -- we didn’t play with Fox. So it was the same thing, kind of. ”


No comments:

Post a Comment