FINAL SCORE: No. 2/1 Kentucky 74, No. 5/4 Duke 63
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky moved to 3-0 on the season. Duke dropped to 2-1.
- This was the 21st meeting between UK and Duke. UK leads the all-time series 12-9. Kentucky broke Duke’s three-game winning streak in the series, winning for the first time since the 1998 NCAA Tournament. Duke had wins in 1998 (Dec.), 2001 and in the 2012 Champions Classic (Atlanta, Ga.).
- This was Kentucky's largest win over Duke (11 points) since Dec. 20, 1969 (22 points)
- This was the fewest points allowed by Kentucky against Duke (63) since March 13, 1980 (55)
- Kentucky will return to action in Rupp Arena on Friday, Nov. 20 against Wright State. The game will tip at 8 p.m., and be broadcast on SEC Network.
- With 2,181 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation’s leader in that category.
- Calipari has a 638-178 all-time record, including a 193-38 mark at Kentucky.
- Jamal Murray made a 3-pointer at the 15:24 mark of the opening half, extending UK’s steak of games with a made 3-pointer to 943, the second-longest streak in the nation.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Skal Labissiere, Marcus Lee, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray and Tyler Ulis for the first time this year.
- Briscoe made his first-career start.
- Kentucky outscored Duke 17-5 in points off turnovers.
- Guards (Briscoe, Murray and Ulis) accounted for 62 percent of UK’s points, scoring 46 of UK’s 74.
- Kentucky had a 37-31 halftime lead.Guards (Briscoe, Murray and Ulis) scored 26 of UK’s 37 first-half points.
- Duke scored the first basket of the game, but over a 2:54 stretch from 18:50-15:37 to play in the second half UK went on a 10-3 run to open a 47-33 lead.
- Kentucky did not trail in the second half.
- Sophomore Tyler Ulis led all scorers with 18 points, a career high.
- He had a game-high six assists.
- He did not commit a turnover.
- Junior Marcus Lee posted his first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- He blocked two shots.
- He has scored in double-figures in all three games this season.
- He had five offensive and five defensive boards
- Freshman Isaiah Briscoe scored 12 points.
- He has scored in double figures in both of the games he’s played in this year.
- Freshman Jamal Murray scored 16 points and added five assists and three steals.