Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Player Quotes After The Blue/White Game



UK Student-Athletes

# 1 Skal Labissiere

On what his first time playing a scrimmage in Rupp …
“It was a great experience to see the fans out there. It gave me some butterflies at first, so I had to get used to it a little bit, but I enjoyed it.”

On his free throw shooting …
“I make them at practice. I don’t know what was wrong tonight. I just have to shoot more.”

On Coach Calipari telling him he needs to fight more …
“I hear that every single day, ‘you have to fight, Skal.’ It’s something that I have to learn how to do. It’s a different level here and I am still trying to get used to it. I’m getting used to learning how to play through contact and catching every ball, so I’m still trying to get used to that.”

On playing with Tyler Ulis …
“It is very fun. He’s a great leader out there.  He is always looking for me and telling me to run and get easy buckets. I enjoy playing with him and I think he is the best point guard in the country. I love playing with Tyler.”

On being eager to play against others…
“Very excited about that. It feels like we have been playing against each other for a long time. Last year they got to play against other people in the summer, so we are excited to get out there and play.”

On the speed of the game …
“Being able to do it for a long period of time is the next step. I’m still trying to get used to the speed of the game, but I’ll get it.”

On playing in front of the Big Blue Nation …
“It was really fun. We have the best fans in the country in college basketball so it’s a great experience. I am really looking forward to playing in real games.”

#3, Tyler Ulis, G

On whether or not he has a personal assists goal for the season …
“Not really. I’m just out there trying to feed the open players and make things happen.”

On how he felt about tonight  …
“It felt good to get out there, control the team, see what we could do and learn more about our team.”

On how much he and Skal have worked together on offensive sets…
“We’ve been working together all year practicing and in open gyms early in the season. I feel like he’s coming along. He’s got a long way to go but he’s going to be great for us.”

On what stands out about Skal and his eligibility …
“He’s a very skilled player on the block and he can shoot the mid-range side very well. Once we get him to fight he’s going to be a monster on that post.”

On figuring out the chemistry among the team …
“It comes with time and just practicing with them throughout the year. I understand how Skal likes to play, I understand where Isaac can score and how Marcus likes to play. So it’s just going to come along and we’re going to gain more chemistry throughout the season.”

On what he saw tonight in front of a crowd versus what he’s seen at practice …
“I feel like we did alright. A couple guys came out a little bit shaky but once we got it going, everybody came together and we played pretty well. Offensively and defensively, we should get a lot better but I think we’re playing pretty good.”

#4, Charles Matthews, G

On overall thoughts on tonight’s scrimmage…
“It was fun. It was another experience in front of the fans and we’re just continuing to grow as a team and getting better. I have great teammates around me and I feel we played well tonight.”

On his individual performance tonight…
“I think I played pretty well. I was having fun out there. I was relaxed, so I was just trying to let the game come to me.  At the same time, it’s still a learning phase and learning process and we are going to continue to grow as a team.”

On Coach Calipari’s message after the game…
“Just to continue to fight and just to continue to get better. We just have to continue to compete. That was basically it.”

On what he is continuing to work on in his game…
“Just continuing to work on my jump shot and my ball handling. I’m really just trying to become an all-around better player. I’m trying to increase my knowledge of the game as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment