Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Calipari Picks Up His Second Commitment in The Class of 2016



I've been out of the blogging scene for a little while, but I'm going to try and get back in the swing of things here. 

This is a good way to start things off. A commitment out of the class of 2016.


Sacha Killeya-Jones committed to John Calipari and Kentucky this morning making it Cal's second pick-up in the class of 2016. Tai Wynyard was the first to commit.

Killeya-Jones is the fifth best power forward in his class and is ranked the 18 player overall. He was considering North Carolina, N.C. State, Kansas and Florida just to name a few. After making his decision, Killeya-Jones explained why he chose Cal and the Cats...


"I look at what Coach [John] Calipari has done with players like myself, and I see the way he prepares them for the next level and it’s impressive. He is a really genuine person who is a demanding coach. I felt very comfortable with him and I trust him.

"A lot of coaching staffs tell you what you want to hear but I liked their straightforward approach.  I would see [assistant] coach John Robic at my games and he would later analyze my game. He was honest on what I did well and what I needed to focus on to improve. [Assistant] coach Kenny Payne will be my position coach and he is always giving me great advice about how I can be better. I really liked that about their staff."

His coach also had some comments after Sacha made his decision...

"They had a great vision for him. He’s very versatile. He can score. He faces the basket, back to the basket. He loves how he can develop under  Calipari. It’s kind of hard not to love to be developed by Calipari."

Welcome aboard, Sacha. We look forward to seeing you in the Blue and White

No comments:

Post a Comment