Saturday, January 31, 2015

Anthony Grant Post-Kentucky vs. Alabama Press Conference QUOTES



Alabama Head Coach Anthony Grant 

Opening Statement…
“Well, give Kentucky credit. I thought they played really well today. You look at the way they shot the ball today, you know, almost 60% from the field. Defensively, I think we’ve been a pretty good defensive team. Seemed like today, any open shots, they were able to get. They rebound…a lot of success on it. I thought, really, the first ten minutes of the game probably proved to be the difference in the game. You know, we had nine turnovers. They were shooting almost 76% from the field in those first ten minutes. After that we were able to get some stops and get ourselves going a little, offensively. I think when you look at…after that it was pretty evenly played game. Thought our guys competed for forty minutes. I think there were some things we can build off as a team. You know, we’re eight games in, a lot of basketball left to be played over the course of the season. We’ll take this game, and try to learn from it. We look forward to getting back on the court here on the next one.”

On Kentucky’s team…
“I don’t rate them. They’re really good. You know, this is a very good team Cal has…obviously number one team in the country.”

On starting Obasohan and Hale…
“I thought they did a really good job for us, today. You know, Retin did a good job at being able to handle the pressure today. I thought Justin Coleman did a really good job coming in and doing it as well. You know, it was good to see Shannon get back to making some shots and playing with the confidence that we know he’s capable of, and if we can get him going for our team, I think it can add another dimension to our team. I think there’s some things we looked at today in terms of what we wanted to be able to do and what we’re going to build on that.”

On Karl Anthony-Town’s offensive game…
“Yeah, I think when you look at Town’s, you got to look at Dakari Johnson. I think you’ve got to look at both of them because anytime you can have those two guys going at you together. You know, we have one guy in Jimmie Taylor trying to go against those two guys with the size and physicality that they’re able to play with, so it kind of wears on you a little bit. I think he’s obviously a very good player, as is Johnson.”

On missing Ricky…
“Ricky’s a very important part of our team.”

On forcing only 5 turnovers…
“I think Kentucky did a good job, you know, taking care of the basketball. As I mentioned, we had nine turnovers the first ten minutes. We turned the ball over after that four times, ourselves. We had three turnovers in the second half. You know, I think, defensively tonight, you know, Kentucky, like I said, they were able to capitalize on the…really, opportunities they got it was in the zone, in the man, in the press. They had an answer for what we threw at them today, defensively. They shot the ball really well. You know, when a team’s shooting it like that and scoring inside and out, like that, they’re always going to be tough to beat.”


No comments:

Post a Comment