Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cleveland Has The Number One Pick... AGAIN




For what seems like the fortieth year in a row, the Cleveland Cavaliers earn the number one pick in the NBA Draft as the picking order was drawn out tonight. Now, Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker will go to Cleveland to never be heard from again.

If you are tired of hearing the Cal to the NBA rumors, you may as well get ready for another round of them now that Cleveland has won the NBA Draft lottery. Having some decent young talent, the number one pick in the upcoming draft and the possibility of LeBron James returning to Cleveland (figuring he doesn't opt in for his last year in Miami) is enough to make people wonder if Cal will make the jump to the next level. My gut says no-way he leaves this season, especially when you consider the fact that he just hired one of his good friends as an assistant coach in Barry "Slice" Rohrssen and the simple fact that he quite possibly has the most talented and experienced team he has had since his arrival in Lexington. When you look at all of that, it just wouldn't make sense for Cal to make a move at this particular time, but stranger things has happened, but I don't see it.


Now, lets look at where the all knowing NBA mock drafts has Julius Randle and James Young going now that the picking order has been set...


(yes I know I cut off a few picks, but I'm banking on Kentucky's guys being gone before that)


As it stands right now, Draft Express (the website I go by anyways) has Julius Randle going numb five to the Boston Celtics. I for one hope this is true as I am a HUGE Boston fan, so my reasons are a bit selfish, but I really think that would be a good place for Randle to go. No hurry to produce and of course you got veteran point guard and fellow UK alum in Rajon Rondo, so yeah, I'd like to see Julius in Boston.

On the same note, Draft Express also has James Young going in the latter part of the lottery at number thirteen to the Minnesota Timberwolves. I'm going to admit, if I'm not a fan of that team, or you're not in the playoffs, then I don't know much about you or you're team. It's just good to see that James has worked himself into the conversation of being in the lottery.

Both of these kids have a huge advantage in not being picked first. Sure they will loose a little money, but in the long run they will be better off not going to Cleveland. With that...

We wish both of these young men the best going foreword in their careers and want to thank them for taking us Cat fans on one helluva a ride this season.





No comments:

Post a Comment