Wednesday, January 8, 2014

UK Player Post Game Comments (FULL TRANSCRIPT)



Kentucky Student-Athletes
#22, Alex Poythress, G 

On his performance… 
“It felt good. I was just trying to bring some energy and just play. We were down at first so we had to pick up the energy and start playing. ”

On a slow start in the first half… 
“They hit some shots early and we were missing a lot of shots. We should’ve been more focused on defense. That’s how we gave up 40 points in the first half and that’s way too much. In the second half, we started guarding, started defending and tried to hold them.”

On their improvement in the second half… 
“Offense will take care of itself. We were trying to guard and try to pick it up on the defensive end. Get blocked shots, get steals and get more shots.”

#44, Dakari Johnson, C 

On how it felt to be playing again after the long break… 
“It felt great. Being able to get in the game and make an impact felt really good.”

On adjusting defensively… 
“It has been tough. I am used to playing all the time. It has been humbling, but just listening to Coach Cal during practice and getting better is the main thing I have been focusing on. They had another big guy and I felt that I could play good defense and take advantage of the opportunity. Teams are going to try to put me in pick and rolls, so that factors in how I play.”

On hustling on every play… 
“Yes, I have been pushing myself to do that. Whoever is the big man used to take it out, but during the break Coach Cal has been telling me to run.”

#1, James Young, G

On his performance today… 
“It was just a good game. I practiced really hard, got a lot of shots on the floor before the game and I guess it just carried over.”

On working Julius defensively and seeing a need to step in…
“Yeah, they were pressuring Julius a lot, double-teaming him like they always have, the other team. I scored on the outside a little bit so we could ease it up on the post a little bit.”

On Alex’s game off the bench…
“Alex is doing great. He’s been working really hard in practice and that’s carrying over into the game. I guess you could put him anywhere on the court you want and he’ll catch a lob and you saw that today.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment