Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rick Pitino said what...




   During Big East media day, Rick Pitino made some comments i found very entertaining. During one of his many interviews Pitino said "I'd much rather have players like this a three year, and a four year player"  pointing to Siva and Dieng when discussing recruiting one and done players. The reason I found this hilarious is because, if I'm not mistaking, Pitino tried everything he could to get a commitment from one and done Marquis Teague. Not to mention, the reason Kentucky is waiting on a ruling from the NCAA concerning Nerlens Noel (who is also considered to be one and done), is because they want to know who paid for his unofficial visit to Louisville. 


   The fun didn't stop there either. He went on to say this little gem, " If I could do what Kentucky can do, I would certainly want the talent they have. But I can't do it. It's not my makeup".  It's not your makeup? Having players like Anthony Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Marquis Teague isn't what you want? Okay, explain that to your fanbase. Explain to them, that you would turn down the last three classes Calipari signed while at Kentucky to take a team full of  Peyton Siva's. The only stud Pitino has recruited the last three years is Gorgui Dieng while striking out with many others. Look at the 2013 class. You have to drop all the way to #46 (according to Rivals) to find Louisville's first commitment, but that's what Rick wants I guess.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment