Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NBA draft player analysis




Seth Davis wrote an article giving someone's thoughts on some of the players in this years NBA Draft. Here are some of the ones I found interesting.


Terrence Jones: "I'm not as high on him as a lot of people are. I don't view him as a strong athlete, and I don't view him as a strong. Ull, either. He's kind of in between. He wants to be a three, but he's a four who can dribble. He'll make just enough shots that you have to go get him. Whoever drafts him is going to have to keep a thumb on him, because he's not a self-starter. That's a problem at this level.
Jones must not have been very impressive in his workouts according to this statement, and the fall his draft status has taken.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: "Your first reaction is how hard he plays. He's not crazy long, but he's long enough. He's not a great shooter, but when guys work that hard, they tend to get better. He's as athletic as Gerald Wallace, but he's a better shooter. He needs to work on his shooting and his ball handling is just average."


Doron Lamb: "Very solid basketball player. Can shoot it, and defend. He'd be a good combo guard coming off the bench.


Marquis Teague: "The biggest thing about him is he got better as a point guard, but he should have gone back to school. He's not going to be playing Mississippi State or Auburn up here. He's fast but he's not quick with the dribble. He doesn't get in the paint and create. He's an average ball handler. One thing he does have going for him is he's a high character kid."
That last line doesn't sound good for Teague. That's like someone asking if their blind date is good looking and get the "they're very nice" response.


Darius Miller: "I like this guy. He'll figure out a way. I could see him being a good rotation player, like Danny Green or James Jones. He'll know how to play his role."


Anthony Davis: "I have zero red flags. People say strength, but he's no weaker than Kevin Durant was. Whatever "IT" is, this kids got it. He has a little bit of Tim Duncan and a little bit of Durant. The sky's the limit."


The next one I just found I interesting.

Austin Rivers: "My biggest concern with him is size. He's never going to. E a pure point because it's not in his personality. He's a capable passer, but he hasn't been a willing passer. He's hard to play with, frankly, because he dominates the ball. It depends who the coach is. I did not like what I saw at Duke. I thought he was spoiled and selfish. He's a streaky outside shooter, not a great one."
Bet his review makes Doc Rivers and Coach K very happy. It did me.


The NBA Draft is one of my favorite nights of the year. And this draft should be like the last few, A LOT of Kentucky flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment